Video making and Video Marketing Strategy are two aspects of the same coin. They go hand-in-hand and are practically counterparts. In order to have a successful video marketing campaign, you would want to perfect both these aspects. A good video is half the battle won. When you have a good video that can appeal the audiences in the desired way, the only thing you need is a good promotional strategy to make people go crazy for your product or any service that you are offering. So the question is where do we start?
The answer is very simple. We need the basic ingredient that will make the base of our recipe. And that is a good, appealing video that is going to describe our product in the best possible manner. There are a few things to keep in mind if you are in the pursuit of a picture perfect video as these points need to be considered. Let us find out what they exactly are.
- The Audiences: The first and foremost principal of marketing is to be crystal clear about the category of people you are targeting. Try not to put resources into making a video since it’s the latest trend to follow. Be very sure about the population you need to reach with the video. When you gain clarity about your audiences, you become aware of the path you need to follow.
- Seeking Professional Advice: When you have the chance to consult a professional who is an expert in video making, maybe you should. Employing a genuine video team would cost you money but if the team is good, then it will be worth your time and the cash spent. In any case, it is going to add imaginative understanding to your objectives and will enable you to concentrate on the big picture rather than little screen creation issues.
- The Storytelling Part: A standout amongst the most important aspects of making a great video that the masses really need to watch — is a convincing story worth their time. Find thoughtful characters, highlight their issues and end with a capable conclusion that seems to provide a resolve. In any case, the story you will select for your video will select for your video will be dependent on the product you are trying to sell. The more innovative your way of presentation is, the better it will connect with the audience on a personal level.
- Production Value: Another important aspect that cannot be foreseen while making a video for promotion is the cost involved in the production of the video. The budget you have for the video production aspect cannot be neglected and should be kept in consideration all the time. You should always keep a check on the resources at hand and never go over the top in terms of money in order to make a good video.
- Getting it to the right location: Do you know why some of the promotional videos are more watched than the rest of their counterparts? The reason is very simple. Even before they are produced, the creative team knows which video platform they are going to target in order to make the maximum impact. Seriously if you have a plan in your mind and you know exactly what you are doing, then there is nothing that can stop your video from being a success. A good video doesn’t mean that you have won. Directing it to the right location so that it can reach the desired audience is what that signifies victory.
Now that we have the right weapon, we need the strategy to use it. We need the insight on some powerful video marketing strategies that will help us to reach the destination that we so crave for. A good strategy will ensure that you have delivered the sucker punch to your competitors and not to forget, the ROI (Return on Investment) factor. Why wait then? Here are some very crucial aspects that your video marketing strategy should include.
- The Tutorial Thing: One approach to interact with your potential customers/clients is by presenting tips and tutorials relatable to your product or service. While it might appear as if you will give away your knowledge for free, you’ll really build up yourself as more of an expert who has expertise in his field. For example- A marketing company can showcase how it worked on a particular project and a hint of how they reached the desired target would do you no harm. Instructional videos can act like a boon as they are bound to attract the attention of the customers. Given your tips are helpful, you’ll likely discover that the clients continue returning to see the following video again and again because it proved useful to them.
- Call to Action aka CTAs: One of the biggest sins made by the advertisers is that they ignore the aspect of connecting an extraordinary video to an invitation to take action, i.e. CTAs. Clients may make the most of your message, yet it is possible that they may not have a clue about what to do in the wake of watching it. The invitation to take action can be something basic, similar to a subscribing via mail on a site. Only a couple words toward the finish of your video could prompt a change that generally wouldn’t have happened and honestly speaking, it can do wonders for you. Video advertising is an extraordinary route for brands to emerge from the numerous content based promoting endeavors being propelled every day. When led accurately, a video showcasing effort can help you achieve new buyers and transform them into faithful clients.
- Measuring and Analyzing: This is one of the most vital aspects that can determine the path of your campaign’s success. Analyzing how your video venture performed is the best way to find out whether it was a success or a bummer. Number of views is not a good way to determine how successful your video was. We are not suggesting against it but it only tells you the head count of the people who watched your video. It doesn’t help you with finding out how people reacted to your video and what is their take on your product. Adapt the methods that are unique to collect the data and will pay off handsomely in terms of lead generation and conversion of deals. A decade earlier, people were even skeptical of promoting their product on social media but now that the scenario has changed, almost every brand is marketing themselves on various social media platforms as it is well known to keep customers engaged.
- Duration that Matters: A promotional video that is too long has high probability of turning in to a boring piece of work, no matter how much effort you and your team had put in it. Try to keep things short, simple and crisp. Editing the video that you have made is surely the toughest part and yes, you put your heart in while making that video. But sometimes, it is not possible to show everything in a 30-second or a 1-minute video. Sadly, viewers tend to have a short attention span and it is highly possible that they may leave your video mid way if its duration is too long. The shorter they are, the more successful they are going to be. And when you will establish a big customer base, you will surely start seeing demands for videos that are longer in terms of duration as the customers would like to know more of the details you have to offer.
And that is pretty much of what you need to make a good video and an effective marketing strategy. Try to get the minute details right and it is assured that you will have a great campaign ahead. Good luck for your future endeavors.
Also read: How to Plan Your Video Marketing Strategy