Link Building has been an integral part of every Search Engine Optimization strategy and they both work hand in hand for the development of any online business. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that every link that you attract carries the same value. The value of the links is variable and the strategies involved in attracting those links have varied too.
Link Building has transformed since its beginnings in ways that are generally advantageous to online businesses. It started as a technique in the late 1990s, harmonizing with the advent of Google. In the early years of SEO, link building was at the cutting edge, and for the most part, considered the most imperative strategy to get one’s site pick by the major search engines. Link Building soon went amiss as there was no control and the algorithms had not yet created to the point where they would punish the parties that were found guilty of offending the link building techniques.
At the beginning of SEO, it was the quantity, not the quality of the links that made a difference. Link Building comprised of mass spamming and purchasing of links, online directory submissions, focus on building bad links, etc. At that time, these practices were acceptable as no one was guiding things and the lack of regulations was evident. But things have changed drastically now. As the years have passed by, Google has come up with advanced algorithms to give the clients a superior search experience. These progressions enforced harsher punishments for the webmasters who proceeded in the old, unethical methods for link building.
The two greatest algorithm changes that Google released to avert the manhandling of link building incorporated the Panda and Penguin updates, which turned out in 2011 and 2012, individually. One got serious about sites with low-quality content and the other punished sites directing spam link building practices. Let us start with the link building practices that you should never adopt in your SEO campaign.
Also Read: The Mechanism of Google Search Engine
- Spam Commenting: Commenting on Blogs and Forums exclusively for building links were the things to do in the past. The truth is that many blogs and forums have practically no link value. Building links by means of this strategy will do nothing to boosting your site’s rankings. It is not necessarily the case that you ought to abstain from making comments on online forums or blogs. You simply need to do it with the sole purpose of giving helpful, important content to your kin who are your potential community.
- Directory Submission: It was the necessity of SEO in the past but it is no less a website’s nightmare now! Directories don’t give the link value that was commonly thought of. Websites that add links to the directories over and over again are more prone to be viewed as spamming, which raises red flags with the web search engines. There are a very few relevant directories. If you ever come across one, make sure to use it wisely.
- Low Quality Blogging: Delivering low-quality content as quick as you can and sending it out all at once to many article uploading websites has been considered a bad practice for gaining links for quite some time now. Google’s updates have focused on and devalued this sort of ineffectively composed content that provides no value to the clients. Regardless of whether it shows up on a site, a blog entry, or a submitted article, low-quality content will never make it to the highest point of the rankings.
- Paid Links: The greatest “no-no” is the purchasing of links. You should never pay for a connection. Ever. These are old “black hat” external link building strategies that were common in the past. However, they are presently a prompt indication od trouble that you might end up with.
Recommended Post: How To Do Link Building-The Right Way
In spite of all the cheap practices that some webmasters use, link building is as yet a viable approach to up your site’s SEO and enhance the position in search engine rankings. Instead of the unscrupulous link building practices that could cause you harm, these compelling external link building strategies can help enhance the online presence of your brand, get more site visitors, and increase the conversion rate. These links should come naturally and should have a purpose to serve and help clients by giving valuable, significant information and to start and encourage sincere associations with individuals online.
- Content Marketing: Gaining good links starts with quality content that offers some benefit to your potential clients. While content that is ineffectively composed and was just planned to get links will get a site punished, impeccable content in terms of quality that individuals need to read will normally urge those individuals to connect to it. This isn’t only a one-time thing, however. You additionally should be steady in delivering quality content. Consistent, crisp content will keep individuals intrigued and will add to your brand’s online presence. The inspiration driving your content composing ought to be to give helpful information to the masses, not to pick up links.
- High Quality Guest Blog Posts: Composing a decent blog post and connecting with different websites in your domain, making a request to have your blog published on their blog. When asking, it is vital that you say the value that your blog post will bring. This additionally should be more than an attempt to get a link from their site. This ought to be viewed as a relationship. As you work with these potential guest post sites, you ought to have the capacity to offer loads of significant worth.
- Interaction and Engagement with Online Communities: Other than composing quality content, there are different ways by which you can share valuable information. The Internet is loaded with tons of social networking hubs, forums and online communities committed to specific industries. Locate those online hubs and forums related to your industry and add to them, voicing your expertise. Keep in mind that the reason that you’re engaging on these online platforms is to share profitable information, not build links.
The most effective and prominent link building strategies are going to take time but the results are going to be extraordinary. So why are you still waiting? Begin your crusade today!
Also Read: Link Building And How To Make The Most Out Of The Process