What is meant by Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding basically means a platform where individuals contribute accordingly to finance a vast range of new projects, ideas or start-ups. The contribution is easy as people can access crowdfunding websites from different social media and networks. It has an immense potential to bring together the entrepreneurs and the investors to keep the money flowing.
What are the popular crowdfunding websites?
Offbeatr, Kickstarter and Indiegogo are some of the most popular crowdfunding websites that entice numerous people to invest in the next big project. Kickstarter is the biggest of all having more than 160,000 projects funded successfully. Indiegogo started off as a crowdfunding site for independent ideas but extended its horizon after one year of its launch.
Offbeatr typically crowdfunds the adult industry, often known as the ‘Kickstarter for porn’. Here the makers posted new projects and the users vote for it. If a project gathers enough vote, it is open to crowdfunding.
Related Post – How To Start A Successful Porn Business
Crowdfunding and the adult industry
In the modern day, crowdfunding has made its way to each and every corner of our life because of the boom of media. People donate their hard earned money to new projects every day – ranging from a startup idea to make a salad. So it’s obvious that the adult entertainment industry cannot be far behind. While Kickstarter does not take projects from the adult industry, it is absolutely fine on Offbeatr and Indiegogo. Crowdfunding not only helps in funding of a project but gives a decent exposure to the project, thereby boosting its sales. And it is not surprising that people are investing a lot of money here.
Nowadays, producing an adult-themed project can take a toll on the producer’s pocket. Crowdfunding is a viable option for porn enthusiasts and pornographic entrepreneurs.
Offbeatr is a crowdfunding site dedicated to erotic projects – from books to games to movies. It takes in projects, both large scale and small scale that is to funded by the user community. The registered users can share their innovative ideas regarding adult entertainment. Once the project reaches the target number of votes, it can start raising its own money. People who pitch in ideas promises rewards to allure more support. This platform can act as a place where even artists using erotic content can gain attention and flourish eventually.
Indiegogo is more flexible and can provide more sponsors to adult entertainment producers than any porn website. The recent bans and limitations of adult content have made funding more difficult than ever. But it would be ambitious that crowdfunding is the future of Adult Industry.
However, as most of the users donate money to these crowdfunding websites, they feel more related and intimate with the content. They are paying to see what they want to see and to watch their favorite performers perform and not to some adult movie producer.
Recommended Reading – How Do The Porn Websites Make Money
Advantages of crowdfunding
- In case of a crowdfunding platform, you can control everything unlike in conventional investments while raising funds for your project. You can design the structure, the amount to be donated and eventually run your own company.
- Crowdfunding projects need to be marketed to the full potential to attract customers and develop their interest in your company. It also helps you to check whether your project is viable.
- Crowdfunding projects are usually very easy to build from scratch. You create a page based on your idea and its available on the platform almost immediately. You don’t need any kind of business plans or presentations.
- There are lots of websites available to you for your crowdfunding project. You can choose another one if you don’t like the current one. Go through the options and decide carefully.
Disadvantages of Crowdfunding
- It is not necessary that your idea will be accepted by the crowdfunding platform of your choice. Some have strict rules and regulations while others are flexible. You need to go through each and every requirement of the site.
- Crowdfunding platforms have some pretty tough competitions. It is undoubtedly popular and because of its accessibility, numerous projects are accepted and made available. So plan it accordingly and have your own distinguished mark.
These platforms have a high risk of information leakage about your project. If you fail to copyright your idea or project, people can easily steal your idea and use it in some other way.
Recommended Reading :