In today’s time, everybody uses social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter
This is not the only instance. Social media companies are now growing more censorial towards sexual content. Even sexual content is almost removed from many major platforms. Let’s see few examples of what id the stand of the largest social media platforms is on adult content.
Facebook has banned all kinds of nudity except for the nursing pics. On a similar note, Instagram banned nudity in 2015, stating that any sort of video or photo showing genitals and sexual intercourse will not be allowed on the platform. Talking about Twitter, it has been the most adult-friendly platform so far that allows the graphic content in posts if the users mark their account as ‘containing sensitive media‘.
Why is social media banning sexual content?
Social media platforms are facing intense criticism for few years for not taking strict actions in this regard. Regulating the content has become a necessity for these platforms keeping in mind their adoption among the youngsters.
With the growth in the adoption of the majority of the famous sites, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, it has become essential to regulate the content on these platforms. To get more idea of it, you must know that more than 3.96 billion people are actively using social media platforms worldwide. Since 2015, the use of these platforms has increased by 12.5% every year. More than 50% of the world’s population is currently using social media, and the majority of the users are the younger population of the country, which are indeed more vulnerable.
Also Read: True Value of Social Media for Your Business
For any social media platform, handling adult content is complex and unavoidable. There can be many reasons why social media is against nudity and sexual content. One of the primary reasons is that the platforms try to attract wider audiences by creating an environment that is safe and respectable.
You can understand this in a way that people would often resist having strip clubs in their
Another reason why social media hates adult content is that the adult content on social media can have a considerable adverse effect on people’s lifestyles, especially teenagers. These include:
- Depression– This might sound weird to you, but this sort of content can cause emotional disturbances among individuals. In simpler words, teenagers might feel inferior when they can’t keep up with the ongoing trends on social media
,and thus, it can lead to depression among them. Sounds horrible, right?
- Addiction- It is indeed the most obvious reason why social media is considering banning sexual content. When a person watches too much sexual content, he might not be able to focus on other productive things. This problem can be prevalent among the younger population of individuals and can adversely affect their studies and career. It stimulates addiction in the long run.
- Cyberbullying– You cannot prevent yourself from harassment or cyberbullying if you post this kind of stuff on social media. The reason is that not everyone normalizes the sexual content to be posted on such platforms. This damage can be severe in the case of teenagers because the online threats can make them cause harm themselves.
- Lack of concentration– The adult content on social media can affect the focus and attention of a person, and the situation gets worse in the case of younger generations. The person can think about a post he saw instead of focusing on his other works, which might cause a problem in the long run.
- Reduced self-esteem– Teenagers might compare themselves with other people on social media platforms. Well, this is not something surprising. People often compare themselves with celebrities when they see their pictures and videos online—seeing the adult and sexual content can potentially generate a feeling of low self-esteem among the youth. They might lose their dignity and self-respect.
12 social media alternatives to post adult and sexual content:
If you’re a person who wants to promote some sort of adult content, then you must be looking for a platform with an extremely high tolerance for such kinds of stuff. It means that you need to look for such a platform where you can have the ability to express yourself without any kind of mean comments and harassment.
Keeping in view that most of the popular social media platforms do not promote adult content, we have created a list of alternative platforms where one can promote and post their adult content:
- Mastodon– It is an open-source platform that combines the features of Twitter and the web. You can here interact with a considerably extensive network of people. It is such a social media site that will allow you to promote the adult X-rated content without any hesitation, and what makes it exciting is its open-source nature because you can easily bring ideas and innovations to the community. Additionally, it blocks out hate words which indeed is a great thing.
- Newgrounds– If you want to share some audio, movies, artworks or animations, Newgrounds is the perfect option for you. You need not to worry about being banned for your adult-rated content while posting on this platform.
- Reddit– This social media platform is must focused on news ad entertainment related posts. But, this platform allows the users to post adult content, unlike many popular blogging sites. Also, it uses an upvote system where the viewers can give impressions on the published content.
- Pilliwfort– Released in 2018, Pillowfort.io is the new social media site that is meant to be a multimedia blogging site. You can quickly post adult-rated content if it is legal. It just needs you to pay $5 to join the app.
- MeWe–MeWe’s concept is unique because it respects your privacy. Your information is kept away from the advertizers, and you have complete control over your posts with MeWe. You can quickly post any sort of content, and that, too with privacy-oriented promises, is indeed a good thing to expect from a social media site.
- Share some– It indeed is a great social media platform to post adult content. The platform allows the users to create and share the adult content, along with allowing them to chat and give feedback to the other creators.
- Twitter– It is a subset of Mastodon and allows the users to promote their adult content. It is much like Twitter, but you need to label your content as sensitive content before posting them on the platform.
- Mojofire– It is a platform that is designed to be a microblogging site and allows sex workers and other content creators to share and promote their work. This platform could be an excellent alternative to the majority of popular social media platforms because of its lowest restrictions.
- Manyvids– If you are 18+ and want to promote adult-rated content, then Manyvids is definitely for you. This platform even allows you to sell your video content if you consider their membership subscriptions.
- Please- This site is again for grown-ups only, and here also, you can find the conversations regarding sexually-oriented topics. Here you can post your views and even make friends. Additionally, this platform allows you to buy sex toys and sex VR games.
- Steemit– It is a pretty different platform because it is based around the cryptocurrency system. If you aren’t aware of the cryptocurrencies so far, let me introduce the term for you. Cryptocurrencies are digital assets that hold a store value, just like any other asset. With steemit, you are paid for your content in cryptocurrencies, and you can easily promote your adult content without any restrictions so far. Being decentralized is an advantage for the platform because it is not under the regulations of any central authority.
- Minds– It is another platform similar to that of Steemit because it is also based around digital assets. It is again decentralized, so you need not worry about any central authority governing your posts.
Also Read: Social Media Marketing in a Nutshell