It really doesn’t matter from which age group you are. It would not be unfair to say that the world has gone nuts over social media. We the people were already called social animals, but now, things have a more literal meaning. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and the holy almighty knows how many more social media handles are there in total.
Social Media has given everyone an equal share of opportunity. It was used by some to gain fame and popularity; some used it to get hooked up, but there were a few who saw things the other way. We can call it their sense of business or the perspective to see potential opportunities that got them even farther. So, what was the special thing that they saw beyond the like and comment tabs?
They saw the future. They realized that the social media phenomenon will grow massive in proportions. So, they analyzed the user base and took a long shot at something that will pay back handsomely in the years to come. Marketing had already shed its traditional cloak and was embracing the digital robe. The opportunists took it a step further and targeted social media platforms for marketing their products.
Coming to the present day, we have seen significant growth in social media marketing and strategies have developed over the decade. But the question remains- What is this Social Media Marketing we are talking about? Let’s see what the fuzz all about is.
Explore more on True Value of Social Media for Your Business
What is Social Media Marketing?
The marketing technique in which a firm promotes its product or service by means of social media platforms or websites, in order to target the current and potential customers, journalists, future employees and the general public can be termed as Social Media Marketing (SMM). The basic trend that is observed by many pundits of marketing is that if a company wants to promote its product on social media platforms, it is going to launch a campaign that will set the scope which will further, guide the company to set its desired social media outlook.
Also, checkout our post on how to Building a Social Media Campaign from the scratch
Strategies of SMM:
Though there are around 1.2 billion people using Facebook, more than half a hundred million use Twitter and even Instagram has the same number of users, this fact alone cannot make your social media campaign a bit hit. You need to have a game plan before you draw the battle lines. Here are some handy social media strategies that will take you one step ahead of your competitors-
- Conversation is Crucial: How would you feel if you are on the receiving end of a one-way conversation? Feels strange, doesn’t it? This is the same way your customer base is going to feel if you subject them to a campaign where they cannot give you feedbacks. One of the best ways to engage the consumers of your product is to interact with them. Rather than using an advertising copy prepared by a marketer, you can allow your customers and users to post comments and reviews. Not only this will highlight your product’s drawbacks, but it will also take your product a long way when it comes to the long term benefit.
- Consistency: Consistency is the key factor that can distinguish your product from many wannabe’s out there. If your product is appearing on various social media handles, then make sure you present it with consistency, i.e. using the same descriptions for the product, same images and headers on all the social handles. As a result of this, you will gain the trust of your customers and a bigger consumer base, hence forth.
Also, read our post on the Importance of Branding When It Comes to Marketing
- Stay Updated: Being updated is one of the most important things in the SMM field. The more updated you will be, the better it is for your product. You should have a hawkeyed vision for the latest evolving trends and should adapt accordingly if you want to ride the wave of success.
- The Audience: When you are into a business, the biggest thing you care for is this. Your audience is no less than the almighty for you. Whenever launching a campaign for your product, know what kind of audience you are dealing with and what the targets you wish to achieve are. You know your product inside out, it is a good thing. But before launching a campaign to promote it, you should know what kind of audience you want to target. After you get a fair idea of your target audience, know which social media handle will establish a connection with the maximum potential and current customers. Your research should be thorough as a small mistake can cost you a very good opportunity.
- Sharing is Caring: As we have already mentioned, Social Media is one of the biggest platforms to showcase your product and show the world what you are capable of. Try to introduce new concepts and contents to keep it refreshing and new for the consumers as well. Once you get along nicely, consumers won’t mind if you re-introduce or re-share your old, evergreen content!
With over billions of people using social media websites, we do not need to tell you that this is one of the best possible ways to target your desired audience and take your product or service to new horizons. All you need is plenty of research and innovative contents to make the audience go crazy over your product. So, you better get to work before your competitors snatch this opportunity!
Feel free to checkout our article on: Youtube Marketing and Management In a Nutshell