Without any doubt, Advertising is one of the best ways to promote your product. If you have a new product or service, the first thing you want to do is reach out to the masses and let them know about your product. It is very evident that you will not approach each and every individual in particular and would like more and more people to know about your product at the same time. This is where the concept call Display Advertising comes in to play.
So, what is Display Advertising?
As the name suggests, Display advertising is more of a visual advertisement in which the message regarding your product, idea or service is conveyed by means of animations, gifs, videos, photographs or any other visual graphics. Another important aspect regarding display advertisement is that it is mostly done on websites. Although there are display ads in Newspapers as well, but majority of display advertising is done on the web. The primary purpose of these kinds of advertisements is to deliver the message or the product idea to the visitors.
How are Display Advertisements generated?
So now you might be wondering how these advertisements that you see on the web are generated. It is not that simple. A team of few wise people is responsible for making these advertisements alive on the internet. They are as follows-
1. The Creative Beings: What us life without creativity? The Creative Department is responsible for the type of advertisement that will go live for any display advertising campaign. And it is crucial as well because the content us the only thing that is going to grab the customer’s attention. Wide imaginations spread across the horizon and creative ideas are the two main ingredients for any successful marketing/advertising campaigns.
2. The People from Accounts Department: Of course. How can we forget them? The Accounts Department works rigorously in order to define the client’s goal by converting in to a solid plan, which will benefit both the advertisement makers as well as the Client.
3. Media Planners: If you are not tracking the response of your customers and what fascinates them the most, you are bound to fail in your campaign. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. This is where the team of Media Planners is highly efficient and effective. They keep a track of what was most liked in the campaign by the customers, by adding punches of latest technology and best possible media solutions in their work.
The Big Question- Whom to Target?
We understand that you want to make the most out of your display advertising campaign because you have invested in it and you like every other business mind, would like to see your brain child succeed. But the big question is- Do you know what exactly your target is? Who are the audiences you want to target?
As in today’s world everything is online, your best friend here is the Internet. The cookies are used in order to identify unique users and their specific computers. They are so efficient that they can even let you know whether the customer purchased the product or not and then, you can surely figure out what advertisement you should feed to the customer and obviously, the pitching thing goes on till the customer is fascinated enough to buy your product.
Keeping a track of your Display Advertisement:
If you wish to make a mark in your display advertising campaign, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. These points are very crucial to track your progress. They are listed below as-
1. Reach: The most important fact that cannot be neglected. Reach in general stands for the number of audience or spectators that you are able to target by means of your advertisement. So here comes a choice that will make all the difference. You will have to choose a network which will get you the most number of potential customer as the traffic on website will impact the views on your Ad and as a result, the customers.
2. CTR: Click Through Rate is the benchmark that is officially used by advertising firms to judge how well the campaign was received by the customers or the audiences. As the name suggests, CTR denotes the number of clicks that you received on your ad posted online. The more clicks, the better the success of the advertisement.
3. Conversion Rate (CR): The name says it all. Conversion Rate (CR) can be defined as the percentage of number of people who ended up either buying your product or subscribing to your service or newsletter or whatever your defined goal is. A high conversion rate denotes the success and popularity of the campaign.
4. Return on Investment (ROI): Last but not the least; Return on Investment is something that every business craves for. Your display marketing venture would have cost you and surely, you would like to cover up that cost as soon as possible in order to make profits. Any business model that has to be successful should have a high ROI in order to sustain itself in the market.
The points mentioned above, if kept in mind can be very vital for any display marketing campaign. So if your only goal is to excel in your advertising campaign, you should make notes and follow these golden thumb rules. Good Luck.