YouTube, eh? Do we really need to tell you, folks, what YouTube is? The world has gone crazy for this. The largest video streaming channel in the world that has a humongous amount of video content that a person surely cannot watch in his lifetime.
People often say ‘Sky is the Limit.’ What if we tell you it is not for a platform like YouTube. Launched in 2005, this video streaming channel has seen success like no one else. Just look at this- In a year’s span, It became so popular that Google bought it for a whopping 1.65 billion US Dollars. Operating as one of Google’s subsidiaries, YouTube is a rock star. With over a billion unique users visiting YouTube every month, one billion views coming on the videos from mobile devices and being the second largest search engine after Google itself, YouTube needs no introduction.
No surprise if a video streaming channel has this much attendance, it is bound to catch the attention of the marketing pundits. We all know what comes next! YouTube after being such a hit from its initial days came on the priority list of many digital marketing campaigners. It introduced us to the term ‘YouTube Marketing’. Confused? Let’s clear out that confusion then.
Checkout our short guide on Video Creation and Promotion
Details about YouTube Marketing:
With people going nuts over the YouTube videos, the giants in marketing had no choice but to target their desired audience by means of this video streaming platform. The web was shifting to the video significantly. YouTube marketing has evolved as an essential feature if you want your business to reach the heights of success.
Basically, YouTube marketing is a strategy where you create video content that is so compelling that it attracts the attention of your customer, exciting them to pass it on to as many people as possible by means of social media handles, blog posts, email, messaging apps, etc. which in result gets the content viral.
But the question arises- Aren’t there already a bit too many videos on YouTube begging for attention? So what do you need to do differently in order to succeed?
Listed below are the best YouTube marketing practices that will get you the upper hand in the time to come.
If you’d like to learn about Social Media Marketing read our post on Social Media Marketing in a Nutshell
The Best YouTube Marketing Practices:
Just think of it this way- Your competitors are struggling to make a name for yourself, whereas you have become a YouTube sensation overnight. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Let me tell you it is not impossible to do. Just a handful of tricks and boom- You are on the top. Let us show you how is it possible-
- Videos That Strike A Chord: Creating videos that are entertaining, as well as compelling, has always been “The Secret” when it comes to marketing on YouTube. The videos that you make should have a sole purpose- To connect with the audience (that includes present customers/members and potential clients as well). The content that you are going to post has to be meaningful and help from every prospect.
- Annotations and CTA’s: As important it is to create healthy and useful content, the fact that you should involve annotations in your videos cannot be taken on a lighter note. One of the best ways is to add frequently appearing annotations to your videos that should contain links to your other videos and suitable CTAs (Call to Action) that ask your customers to either subscribe to your channel or to some other services.
- The Post-Bulletin Tab: If you have a YouTube channel, then you would be well aware of the fact that at the top of your channel, there is a tab which says Post Bulletin. This can prove to be a very effective tool because whenever you will add a link for a new video in this tab, it will notify your subscribers and will appear on their homepage. In short, you will grab more eyeballs sooner than expected.
- Make full use of all the Social Media Handles: We live in a world of social networking. And if your target is the promotion of your YouTube content, then what better way than social media sites. Blog it, tweet it, feed it to the Facebook frenzies or post it on Instagram- The more the merrier. The primary reason behind this is that you can target mass audiences by means of these platforms which were not the case a few years back. Use it as a boon and see the results for yourself.
Learn more on how to Building a Social Media Campaign from scratch
- Reviewing the Insights: YouTube is way more powerful than people might think of it. You should make the most of the Analytics tools provided to you. With this analytics, you can keep a track of your progress and who viewed your video at what point of time. As a result of this, you will be able to process information of an individual or all the videos you uploaded. This can be very useful because it will help you to identify what is trending and what excites your audiences the most. So, in future, you will create similar contents to increase your viewership.
- Do not overemphasize on the video quality: May I let you in on a little secret? Almost 80 percent of the videos on YouTube with over millions of views are very average in quality. So think about it once again- Do you really need to spend a fortune on making YouTube videos? Obviously not. The content matters the most. Even an average quality video with good content will get you a good number of views as compared to a video of high quality with poor content.
If you really want to excel in the field of YouTube marketing, these are the simplest yet effective tips and tricks that you will have to follow. Also read our article: How to Plan Your Video Marketing Strategy. A slightly different approach from your competitors will make the difference and help you excel. We wish you all the luck with your campaign!