The holiday season is on its way and will be upon us sooner than we realise. People have already started preparing for the holidays- They are busy purchasing gifts and decorating their places for the good times to come. All set for the holidays, right? But aren’t you forgetting something? How about we start with the website you own? What is going to happen to the website during the time you enjoy your holidays?
This is the month of November and there is no turning back from the point that the festivities will soon be upon us. SEO takes time and this is probably the time you start putting in some additional efforts on your SEO campaign. There are certain things that you can do in time for Black Friday and Christmas to make sure that your website’s success is not getting hampered while you are enjoying the holidays.
The following tips concentrate on getting faster outcomes and taking advantage of the time you have left. While the truth of the matter is that hopping to the top of the search rankings before the month’s over would unquestionably be a true challenge, there are still a lot of other online marketing techniques that will enable you to increase your traffic and capitalize on the Christmas season. Let’s get started.
- Analysis of your current standing: What’s the present condition of your SEO? Are there some unoptimized regions that need consideration? You will be surprised how much a couple of basic changes may influence your present rankings, so you have to begin taking a shot at those first. On the other hand, keep a note of the points where you’re doing admirably well. In case that you have a reasonable idea of what’s working well for your site, you can apply those same standards to your vacation pages that are featuring exceptional deals or products.
- Work on Product Descriptions: During the festive season, people are browsing more than ever, so a standout amongst the most essential things you can do is optimise your product titles and related descriptions. The titles and descriptions for your product directly impact click through rates, so you’ll need to ensure they’re appropriately optimised. While optimising them with keywords is vital for the search engines, at this point in the Christmas season, it will be more successful to upgrade them as per the client. It’s imperative to compose quality titles and descriptions in a way that particularly attracts visitors to your site while still containing your target keywords. This implies you truly need to comprehend who your clients are, and what they’re searching for amid the Christmas season. It is important to tailor your titles and product descriptions to the general population purchasing gifts. Hence, you might be giving the most astounding quality information to the individuals who are confused and do not have an idea of where to begin with in terms of your products.
- Keep a check on Load Times: It is one of the most crucial things to do, especially if you are expecting heavy traffic. According to the recent statistics, even a slight delay in the load times can cause 16% of the people to leave your website. Also, it can hamper your conversion rates by 7%. These are the numbers that any website cannot afford. While people can make speculations on how much load times influence your general rankings, obviously they influence your capacity to convert the casual website visitors to paying clients. In case your load times are enduring, begin by taking a gander at the photographs on your site. Photographs are one of the greatest offenders for longer load times. If you have them appropriately sized, it should speed things up.
- Optimizing for Mobile Devices: Day by day, more and more customers are switching to the mobile devices for shopping. Hence, optimisation of your website for mobile phones is something that you cannot afford to miss. When you make holiday websites or greeting pages, it’s completely important that they are mobile phone optimised. Clients who operate from a mobile phone are in all likelihood hoping to make a quick buy while they’re purchasing gifts for companions and family. If your site can’t convey a quick and instinctive mobile experience, you’re likely going to pass up a great opportunity for that deal.
- Opt for aggressive PPC campaign: Google AdWords and pay-per-click marketing may be an awesome last-minute choice for some organizations. While SEO sets aside opportunity to get to the highest point of the search engine rankings, PPC enables you to put an advertisement right where your clients can see it. This requires watchful administration. Costs are probably going to go up as there are a number of organizations that bid for the top keywords, so you would prefer not to get sucked into blind bidding. It’s alright to be somewhat more aggressive with your strategies, even though it implies getting more clients to your site amid this shopping season.
- Emphasise on Social Media Channels: Many organizations can get quick responses by multiplying down on their social media marketing strategies through the occasions. Keep the social media networking platforms in mind. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are on the whole profitable assets for connecting to your webpage, featuring your holiday products or special offers, and getting more traffic to your site for the occasions.
- Learn and take notes for the next season: After you put such a great amount of work into your internet marketing campaign for the Christmas season, make sure to take note of the things that work and the things that didn’t. The more you think about the things that performed well this season, the more you can do to get ready ahead of schedule for next season. The information you accumulate along these lines can be utilized to make new strategies, either for different occasions later in the year or for one year from now. Since you have followed and built up a benchmark execution, you can be better prepared for the following round of occasions.
- Begin the preparations for next year in advance: You have had a late start this year and that is not a sin. It usually happens to the most of us. But taking lessons from the mistakes that you made this year can surely help you with the preparations for the next year’s festive season. While you may not know precisely how you can prepare hopping into the next year’s vacation season, you can use the things you’ve learned in this year to get a head start on the things to come next year. You will most likely be unable to begin making holiday pages for the next year, you can begin inquiring about keywords for the following season concentrating on those SEO techniques that are known to take additional time.
The festivities are around the corner but it doesn’t imply that you are late. If you begin today, there is still a chance that you can catch up with your rivals and give them stiff competition.