The wise webmasters realise that search engines and the trends related to it change on a consistent basis. And we are not just talking about the algorithms here. It does include how people make use of the search engines and how this pattern has evolved over the years. These facts and stats we are about to list out surely tell a lot about the trends and strategies that are most successful in the online marketing domain. Let us have a look at these top rated search engine facts.
- Google rules above all: The number of searches done on Google sum up to approximately 4.5 billion searches per day which us way above any other search engines on the web. That is why you should lay emphasis on optimization of your site for Google.
- Mobile searches beat desktop searches any day: By now, it is well known that searches on the mobile phones have significantly exceeded those done on desktops. Hence, making sites mobile friendly makes a huge difference in terms of traffic.
- Online shopping websites attract huge traffic: Online shopping sites can drive 10 times more traffic than social media or any other sites. Traffic can come from a wide range of sources but these sites can turn into a profit giving machine when executed properly.
- Google is the king of mobile searches as well: Google beats all its rivals to the ground and dominates the mobile search market. More than half the searches on mobile phones take place via Google.
- Webmasters spending more on Google Ads: Due to significant SERP updates, more and more business owners are turning their attention to Google Ads. The total revenue of Google ads went up by almost 40 percent this year.
- Lots of clicks via phones and tablets: Mobile phones and tablets are leading the paid search market as over 50 percent of the clicks are coming via phones and tablets.
- Paid searches are catching up with the Organic ones: The landscape for paid searches is changing quickly and things are looking brighter than ever. People are more inclined towards paid searches more than ever and the growth rate of 10 percent is totally off the charts.
- Social media contributions are significantly less: Though there is a huge hype that surrounds social media handles, the harsh reality is that traffic via social media accounts to a very low 2 percent. Facebook leads the charge contributing 60 percent of the total traffic amongst all the social media handles.
- SERPs have improved ad clicks: After the update for the removal of right hand side ads, the click through rate has significantly improved.
- Mobile searches aid local businesses: It is a statistically proven fact that when people search things nearby, mobile phones can play a significant role. These searches are growing at a rate of almost 140 percent per year.
- Digital marketing ads to exceed Television ads: By next year, the online digital marketing ads will be able to exceed the revenue generated by television ads. It will be a whopping amount of more than 78 billion.
- Local searches convert significantly: Three-fourth of the people who perform local searches usually convert and end up purchasing the item or service they are searching for. If there is a store within 5 miles radius, the chances of conversion increases even further.
- Voice Searches in the fray: More than one-fifth of the mobile searches are voice searches and the validity of this statistical data provides opportunities like never before. It sums up to approximately 10 billion voice searches, so if you manage to optimise things properly, you can get a huge amount of traffic to your business.
- Voice Searches growing: The number of voice searches done this year were double from the ones done last year. Hence, it significantly denotes the trend of voice searches catching up.
- The Impact of Speed: In today’s fast forward world, visitors do not like to wait for sites that take more than 5 seconds to load. Even a slight delay can cause a significant loss of traffic. Hence, it is your first and foremost responsibility to ensure that your website is up to speed and loads swiftly on both mobile and desktop platforms.
The trends keeps on changing but there id no doubt about the fact that few of the above listed facts will continue to dominate the charts in the coming year as well. So, you better keep a good eye on them!