It’s time for some fun facts. Do you know that the web witnesses a count of nearly 131 billion searches every month? And, do you know that around 70 percent of the search engine market share is owned by Google itself? The best one is yet to come. Do you know that 70-80 percent of internet users ignore the paid ads and focus on organic search results instead?
All of these facts are fun but if you take a deeper look, they hold some precious information as well. Anyone who aspires to expand his/her business by means of online resources, especially the web search engines should understand the logical clues hidden in the information above.
But aren’t there so many candidates who are trying to give a boost to their business by means of search engines? What do you need to do differently? The answer lies in a term widely known as SEO. So, what is this SEO? Let us gain some insight.
What is SEO?
In any business, you are bound to have competitors. You want to target a large number of audiences and promoting your business on the web sounds as a great idea. The first things you are going to target are the search engines which get the maximum traffic, i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc. Good thought. But be assured that your competitors are thinking the same way. So what is that you can do to have an edge over them?
SEO (commonly known as Search Engine Optimization) can prove to be your best friend in this case. In a very basic language, it is a process by means of which you can improve the visibility of your website or a web page in a search engine’s organic results, i.e. the unpaid results. There is a common belief which is very true up to an extent- A website which appears earlier and frequently in a search result list will have more visitors and as a matter of fact, these visitors could be potential customers and there is a possibility that they can be converted in to a permanent customer who might avail to the services or product.
SEO has a basic fundamental of working. It usually considers a certain number of points such as what are people searching for, the keywords typed while searching the content, the working of a search engine and which search engine is on top of the priority or preference list of the customer.
Related Post: 5 Effective Ways Of Simplifying SEO: Tips For Beginners
SEO has evolved with time. In the initial phase, the majority of users were using desktops to find information regarded to any contents. But as technology advanced and smartphones came into play, users tend to prefer searching stuff over the phone, rather than searching it on the desktops.
One of the main purposes of SEO is to optimize the visibility of your web page by modifying it in a way that it appears in the top suggestions or search results to the user. As a result, it increases the CTR (also known as Click through Rate) which as a result increases the traffic on your website.
Advantages and Benefits of SEO:
Now that you know what SEO is all about, you might be wondering what the possible advantages of SEO are. Here is the list of the benefits that you will avail when you choose the SEO path.
- The Best ROI: ROI (Return on Investment) is a measure of how good your business is performing and how far it will go. Sometimes, in order to see our business grow, we tend to spend a fortune on advertising, marketing and branding. There is a good possibility that all of these might give a good return on the money that you invested, but if you want more surety and in the mood to play a safe bet, SEO is the one. And evidently, it is going to give to way better results than the paid advertisements.
- Significant Increase in Traffic: A well-optimized website will always get better and increased traffic as compared to the one which lacks the optimization strategy. Make sure to be patient as SEO will not give immediate results but things will get along nicely when you give them time to settle. As a result of the increased traffic, your web page will get higher ratings on the search engine and it will surely make an increase in the sales of the products that you are offering.
Recommended Reading: Catching Up With SEO: Trends and Updates
- Getting one step ahead of your rivals: Ahh! How can we forget this one? The world is full of competition and if you want to stay a step ahead of your rivals, SEO should be on your must-do list. You better start looking for a good SEO company who will provide you with quick and efficient service in order to achieve your target.
- The Top Spot: Do you know that the top result of any search list on Google gets around 60 percent of clicks. The remaining pages fight for the remaining 40 percent. The question is why to stay behind when you can be on top. Without any doubt, SEO is the tool which will help you reach that top spot.
- Permanent Results: This benefit stands out when compared to other marketing techniques. Paid advertisements will boost the number of visitors on your webpage until the time the advertising company is getting paid. The moment you stop paying them, the traffic on your webpage reduces significantly. This is not the case with SEO. The results by Search Engine Optimization are solid and permanent and wouldn’t be taken away if you stop paying for them.
- Take it to the next level: Do you wish for a huge number of visitors to visit your website every day? Trust me when I say this, SEO can take your business to a whole different level. The possibility is high that this move will bring in a huge number of potential customers to your website and you are well aware of the fact that higher traffic results in higher sales.
Related Post: A Guide To Write Effectively For SEO
- Brand Credibility: People have a tendency to lay their faith in the search results that are appearing on the top of search engines. SEO is capable enough to make you sit on that spot and just imagine how good would this be for your company/website’s brand name? This is way better than paying an Ad company to list your website as the majority of people get annoyed with Ads and block them anyway.
Some handy SEO tips and techniques:
Before we conclude this article, we would like you to get some insights on the essential tips and techniques related to SEO as they can be vital in your optimization campaign.
- Commitment and Patience: Patience is the key, my friend. If your business is small and new, then things will surely take some time as SEO is not an instant process. You will get the results for sure, but you will have to be very patient to see them. Another important factor that comes in to play is Commitment. The algorithms on which search engines work often change with time and you need to be alert and fully committed to the process.
- DIY: If you do not want anyone else to do it on your behalf and DIY (Do It Yourself) is your approach, have it your way then. Be ready to become a student and pay keen attention to all the aspects and factors responsible for SEO. And you can always use the resources on the web to your help.
Must Read: What Is Negative SEO And What Is Not?
- URLs are SEO’s best friend: If trying for optimization, the best way is to include the most searched keywords in your URLs and you can also use up to 3 hyphens as well. But be sure not to use them too much as it will make them look like spam. Limited usage of hyphens and keywords can do the magic for you.
- The Content: This is one of the most critical points. The content you are using should be refreshing and unique. Just imagine, why would someone buy the same product from you if 20 odd manufacturers are making the same product just like you are? Mention the details of your product which distinguishes your product from others and make sure your description looks great.
SEO can be a long process but we assure you that it will be worth every second you invest in it. It has numerous advantages that are going to help you a lot in the long run. We hope you find this tutorial on SEO interesting.