We all have a fair idea of how thoroughly entertaining a video can be. No surprise people are so much attracted to them. A video does best what other mediums of entertainment or marketing cannot do- Generate curiosity. Video Marketing has been in trend for many years now and it certainly has made a place for itself. If you are using a video, any video for the promotion of your products or service, then this type of marketing is known as Video Marketing. It is highly successful than its counterparts and is always expected to engage the customer in an intriguing way.
It surely comes with a set of benefits. As per researches, it is observed that more than half of the customers bought the product or services of a merchant after watching videos related to their offerings. In short, promotional videos have only increased the conversion rates. They are easily accessible and can be used to target the emotions of the customers as well, which as a result can only increase the consumer base.
No doubt there are a plenty of benefits of video marketing. But before achieving these benefits, don’t you think you are missing on something crucial? Yes. We need a video. We know you want to have one for your product and we are going to assist you in the best way possible. Let us have a look at the steps that will be helpful in creating a promotional video.
Steps to create a Promotional Video:
Watching videos is as easy a cake walk. But have you ever thought what complications are involved in creating a promotional video? As scary as creating a promotional video might sound, it is very simple and fun. There is no rocket science involved and anyone can do it. You just have to follow a pattern and boom, the video is ready. Here are the steps involved-
- The Goals: This is one of the most significant aspects of the video that you are going to create. The video should have a pre-defined goal and should focus solely on that purpose. The purpose should be crystal clear as you have to bear a cost for the video that you are going to produce and any slip in the process can turn you campaign in to a very costly one. SO, think wisely about what is the agenda of your video. Use multiple aspects as such as narration, testimonials, information, etc. to make your video a powerful tool to endorse and promote your product.
- Setting the Tone: The tone of the video plays a very vital role because it determines the way in which the video is going to target the audiences. The tone can vary from serious to funny and obviously, the product has a role to play when it comes to the video’s tone. You can either try to tickle their funny bone or you can try and target their emotional side. Whatever tone you choose, make sure that it is good enough to strike the right chords with the customers.
- Duration and Video Style: A video should be interesting, short and crisp. If it is too exaggerated, then it might repel your customers, rather than attracting them. Majority of people do not want to watch the video advertisements for too long and tend to close it before it ends. So obviously the duration plays a very crucial role in the formation and adaptability of a video. The promotional video should ideally be somewhat around 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Make sure things are well organized and adjusted in accordance to the time. Coming to the style of the video, it can be animated or may include real people depending on the purpose it is serving. Now-a-days, Live Action videos are in trend because they can be more engaging and are surely a show stealer.
- Idea with the Script: Now that you have the above 3 parameters sorted, you need to have an enlightened idea and a brilliant script to make things real. Ideas and inspiration might come from different sources and it is a good thing. But do not go full throttle with a rough idea. Once the idea clicks in your mind, make sure you are following it closely and pen down every minute detail as it can be very helpful. Then take this idea and convert it in to a beautiful script. Now you might need a creative director for that but if you are skillful enough, you might be able to figure it out yourself. But taking some professional advice here can always help. You might also have to cast a crew if you are planning to involve real people. In case of animations, a creative team with astonishing ideas is more than enough.
- Roll Camera Action: Now that you have your cast and teams ready to go, it is time to hit the camera roll. Shoot your idea and see your imagination coming alive. Once everything is shot and done, the post-production team is going to take good care of it and turn it in to a clean, finished product. You can always involve some heartfelt music or texts in the video to make it more communicative.
And then it is up to you how you promote it. You can rather upload it on YouTube or Facebook, and make sure to utilize all your resources and consider all you options. Make full use of all the social media handles with full efficiency. We hope we cleared the basic techniques. Let your mind imagine and your creativity will make your imagination real. Good Luck.