When you start up with a new adult website, the very first thing that you are suggested by majority of your well-wishers is that you should totally go for Search Engine Optimization (also known as SEO). There are literally no doubts and only a fool would ask whether to opt for SEO services or not. SEO is truly capable of helping your website the heights of success.
Now let us consider a scenario here. You started an adult website and your primary focus is getting a boost in traffic and consequently, better returns on the investments you have made. And this when you realize that SEO is the trick that you need to pull off in order to make things go your way. So you get your campaign kicking and it starts to pay off. But in spite of all the keywords you introduce in your work and the links you have built up, the process of getting you to the top is taking longer than anticipated. You are climbing the ladder but still you are way behind your competitors. A situation like this leaves you wondering what went wrong for you in the first place. You have to trust us when we say you are not the first one to face this. Sooner or later, this happens to all of us. SEO is surely one strategy that is pretty easy to implement but can take some considerable amount of time to master.
And if you are new to the concept of SEO and have not achieved mastery yet, then there are a few silly mistakes that we would like to highlight. There are the adult SEO practices you need to avoid in order to ensure that your SEO campaign is making the most and not getting compromised in any aspect. Here are the top mistakes you are prone to make and something that you should avoid at all cost.
- Decreased use of Analytics and Ignoring Conversions: Getting massive traffic is one purpose of SEO but it should not be the only one. Conversion is something that will make you climb the ladder of success. There is a very high possibility that your content may be targeting the super-competitive keywords and bringing in a huge amount of traffic but there is direct proportion between getting traffic and conversion rate. There are instances when lower-traffic keywords and phrases offer a better conversion rate due to them being more specific in the first place. Using analytics like the Kissmetrics in order to track keywords and their results could be a good idea on any given day.
- Lack of Optimization for Local Search: This is another one of the most ignored aspect and a very crucial one too, especially if you own an adult website such as Escort Services or Webcam Chats that target the population of some particular area or locality. It is very important to focus on the local search related keywords as different search engines have a different approach of handling this. This is where the region-specific keywords come into play, especially in the page titles and Meta descriptions. In order to get a better rank in local search engine results, it is wise to add address or local phone number on your website or web page.
- Meta Title and Meta Description: In any Search Engine Optimization campaign for your adult site, the Meta Title and Meta Descriptions you use are going to play a pivotal role. It is quite fascinating to see that there are many websites that use the same name or title for each page. This is not a mistake; it is an unforgivable sin. When taking the SEO approach, it is a mandate to give unique titles to every single page and the importance of descriptively unique articles cannot be denied. Likewise, Meta Descriptions are important too as these 160 characters can help the search engine relate to your work in a better way. Making each title and description as unique as possible by involving keywords as it is very important and when ignored, it can cause a big halt in your beloved SEO mission to success.
- Preferring Link Quantity over Link Quality: This is the gravest sin that is very certain to make you regret later on when your website is few years old. It is comparatively easy to get a huge quantity of links from various sources of not-so-good quality but it is something that can backfire in the time to come. Your primary focus should be on the quality of the links rather than focusing on the quantity. Some people just focus on getting as many links as possible but this is a practice you should avoid. It is a well known fact that a good quality link from a top-notch blog might work better for your rankings on popular search engines as compared to thousands of cheap quality links from any random directory. Good quality links are difficult to find but again; nothing worth having comes without a cost. And because they are harder to get, search engines place a higher value on them, hence the measure for your website’s quality. Tools like SEOquake are good methods to analyze the domains from where the links are coming from and also the quality of the links.
- Poorly Written Content: Again the principle of quality over quantity comes in to light when we talk about this aspect. In order to promote things and the link building stuff, adult website owners tend to hire article writers who work at low costs providing lower quality content. Another worthless tool they make use of is article spinning websites or applications. These practices will not do you any good and are going to land you in a tighter spot which will bring only troubles for you, your SEO campaign and your adult website. Now people tend to ask what if this content is well optimized. This content may be good from the keyword point of view but not from the prospect of the first impression it is going to make on the visitors. People have a knack for good content and in the first look itself, they can tell whether the content is unique or not. Content with the copy-paste strategy is no good as it can make you lose the best thing that you can get from the customers- their trust! The best way to avoid this mess is pretty simple. First of all, you need to stop taking the help of the spinning websites to spin content and second, hire some efficient content writers who can write original, catchy content with highly searched keywords and something that you can proudly boast about. It may cost you a little more than the cheap sources but at the end of the day, it will be worth it.
- Lack of Right Keywords: This is a trap in which majority of the new adult websites fall. If you are not choosing the right keywords for optimization purpose, then there is no use of your SEO campaign. When it comes to optimizing your content according to the search engines, there are different types of keywords that come into play. But adult webmasters make a mistake of mixing things up like inducing global keywords in content that is supposed to target local crowds or keywords that attract visitors who are not willing to get your purpose of selling something fulfilled. The game that surrounds targeting the right keywords depends totally on how efficiently you approach it. The best approach is to keep the targeted keywords as specific as possible. The more focused you are on generic keywords; the better things will turn out for you. If you are going for specific keywords straightaway, then it is highly possible for your website to rise in the rankings and get the traffic you desire. Optimizing your website with competitive keywords will bring you right back in the frame and help you compete with your fiercest rivals.
- Link worthy Content: It happens many times that even the most brilliantly done content is unable to fetch links. There is a very solid reason behind this. If you wish for the people for to relate for your content, then it is necessary that you create something exceptional ranging from good videos to infographics. Making you content unique and worthy of good links is an equally important task, so you better not ignore it.
- Anchor Text for Internal Links: Another thing that you will notice is the blunder made in this aspect. Adult SEO webmasters forget to target anchor text for internal links. The links in the body of a website such as “Click Here”, etc and other generic texts are sheer waste of time and from SEO perspective as well. Call to Action is necessary but they may cost you the opportunity to tailor anchor text which is an important component.
On a concluding note, you should try to avoid all the mistakes listed above if you wish for your adult SEO campaign to be a success story. Do not make the mistakes others are making. Learn from them and use them for your advantage. Good Luck!